The trading week ahead is expected to be volatile, with a number of key events that could move markets.
On the economic front, investors will be closely watching the release of inflation data from the United States and Europe. Inflation has been on the rise in recent months, and if it continues to accelerate, it could put pressure on central banks to raise interest rates more aggressively.
Another key event to watch is the Federal Reserve’s meeting on September 20-21. The Fed is widely expected to raise interest rates by 25 basis points, but the tone of the meeting could provide clues about the pace of future rate hikes.
In addition to these economic events, there are also a number of corporate earnings reports that could move markets. Some of the biggest companies reporting this week include Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Overall, the trading week ahead is expected to be a challenging one for investors. However, there are also some potential opportunities for traders who are prepared to take on risk.
Here are some of the key events to watch in the trading week ahead:
- US Consumer Price Index (CPI) : The CPI is a measure of inflation in the US. It is released on September 13 and is expected to show that inflation accelerated in August.
- European Central Bank (ECB) Rate Decision: The ECB is expected to keep interest rates unchanged on September 9. However, the ECB’s tone could provide clues about the future direction of monetary policy.
- Federal Reserve (Fed) Meeting: The Fed is widely expected to raise interest rates by 25 basis points on September 20-21. The tone of the meeting could provide clues about the pace of future rate hikes.
- Apple Earnings: Apple reports earnings on September 14. The company is expected to report strong earnings and revenue growth.
- Microsoft Earnings: Microsoft reports earnings on September 22. The company is also expected to report strong earnings and revenue growth.
- Amazon Earnings: Amazon reports earnings on September 28. The company is expected to report strong earnings and revenue growth.
Investors should closely monitor these events and adjust their trading strategies accordingly.
Happy Trading :)